Tuesday, 23 March 2010

february lady sweater

february lady sweater

My February Lady Sweater (free pattern here) is finally done, and just in time for the weather to start cooling off. I spent a day at home both Mia and I with head colds, and while family life flowed around me, I knitted (and knitted).

february lady sweater

Somewhere not far into the last sleeve I finally let go of my compulsion to check the stitch count every 21 to 28 stitches, I think that I was finally confident in my ability to un-knit any mistakes that I might make; and from there it came together very quickly.

february lady sweater

You may remember that this is my very first attempt at making a sweater for me, and I must say that this was much easier than I had anticipated. Once I mastered the stitch repeat there was nothing complicated about this pattern at all. I did have a little bit of trouble with the button holes way back when, but I have recently found this video that completely demystifies knitting one-row button holes.

february lady sweater

The yarn that I used is Malabrigo Worsted in Oceanos, a beautiful yarn which is super soft and really lovely against my skin. This sweater feels so incredible against my arms, that I just know that I'll be wearing it well before the weather gets really cool, because it just doesn't need an extra layer underneath; and the bonus? I was so careful to buy enough wool initially that I now have 3 spare skeins with which to knit something else (or many something elses?), and I still totally love that blue. Oh, and that sweater.

february lady sweater