While we were at camp over summer I spent some time making another 75 crochet circles for my sunburst afghan, at the time I remember that I got a little obsession going, just one more, just one more was my mantra. It was around that time that I realised that this blanket was only going to make it to cot size (for now anyway) and that it may have been a mistake making the blanket out of 4 ply, as soft and pretty as it is, each circle is just so very, very small.
After making the extra 75 randomly(ish) coloured circles, I then focused my energies into continuing to join it all together ... and then when I got home I packet it away for a while so that I could move on to my other on-going projects.
Well I don't know what possessed me, but this past weekend I finally pulled it out again and joined in the last five circles. It was looking good (if I may say so myself) and it seems that it's intended recipient also likes it, so I went ahead and compared it to a cot size quilt that I have... and as expected it was still a little too small.
Well I thought it was only a little until I did my math and worked out how many more circles were required to finish this blanket. Eighty-nine. Eighty-nine more 'random' circles! and I know from experience that is a LOT of crochet circles. I also realised that meant that I was only half way through. Half! oh my...
So for now it's been tucked away safely in it's little box, but I can already tell that it won't be long until it's all about circles around these parts. Again.