Thursday, 15 April 2010

prototype

prototype front

I've been wanting to make this top for such a long time, I saw something similar {by Gap I think} a long time ago, and then as it happened Leslie was wearing one on one of our craft weekends. But it has taken me a while to build up the courage to, not only make my first 'adult sized' garment, but also to make up my own pattern {although I did need a little technical assistance from my Mum and Nic}.

making it up

I bought a few meters of gingham poly-cotton from Spotlight, in various colours; and decided to use my least-favourite colourway as the prototype. There are some changes that I need to make for the next one, but overall I am happy with the way that this turned out, and I've been assured that because the body is cut on the bias, the 'fall' will improve once it has been washed. This is a good thing because at the moment it's 'popping' out a little more than I would like.

prototype back

Now off I go back to the sewing machine to work on a few more of these... so that they are ready for next Summer!