Monday, 10 May 2010

slightly delayed

hand felted

The up side to having a blog is that I have a record of when certain things have occurred. The down side to having a blog is that I have a record of when certain things have occurred!

In recent months my Mum has been asking whether she could have her felt bag back, the one that I made her a while back. The one that got popped away in a box when we moved from Helm Street to Field Avenue, and never got unpacked again. The one that I gave her for her birthday a few years ago, that she then wanted lined, so returned to me for a quick patch of lining. The one that I couldn't remember, for love nor money, where I had put.

So on Saturday I went for a little look through my craft cupboard, and sure enough, right on top in the first box that I opened was her little felt bag. Once the kids were tucked into bed on Saturday night, I cut into the gorgeous fabric from a thrifted dress {the style was never going to do me any favours, but I did like the fabric} and had soon stitched the lining in.

lined

Now it's back with it's rightful owner.

Happy Mother's Day Mum! {Sorry that it took so long...}