Thursday, 3 June 2010

the fall out

Now I know that a few days ago I posted about our inaugural knitting weekend, and I made sure that I mentioned the fabulous company, food and accommodation, however what I failed to mention was what I spent the weekend purchasing and making...

library bag

Last week I arrived at kinder to drop Angus off for his session and a new basket had appeared in the foyer. He was supposed to drop his library bag in the basket ready for the library session that day; even though I had read the notice that came home talking about 'library day' I had failed to ascertain that we needed to provide him with a library bag. Luckily 'library day' is only once each week, so I had a whole week to rectify our mistake.

After a trip to spotlight, where I compromised with Angus {who wanted a green bag} and promised him that if he had the black bag I would put green words on it for him, I headed off on our 'knitting' weekend all prepared to make a library bag {complete with wording as shown by the talented Christie} and this is the result. So easy and so effective ~ and the most important thing?... he headed off to kinder proud as punch of his new bag {and then proceeded to bring home the same library book second week running}.

beginnings

and of course, no trip to Bendigo is complete without a trip to the mill; and no trip to the mill is complete without the purchase of some glorious yarn. I did restrain myself and only bought six balls {which fortuitously enough actually equates to twenty-four standard balls, bargain!} and then came back totally inspired to cast on the tiny tea leaves for Daisy.