Thursday, 9 December 2010

Advent

advent :: on the wall

I could start by pointing out how my advent is a little bit late, but really, the truth is that it is a lot more late than a little... I have been meaning to put together some sort of advent calender for the last three christmases, and each year I miss my chance and vow to have it ready for Christmas next year.

Well again this year I'd not done a thing about it when December 1 rolled around, and truth be told, I wasn't all that fussed... I wasn't even ready for Christmas yet.

Then on Tuesday morning, I fronted up to the local Council clinic to have the girl immunised and while waiting in the {wrong, long story} foyer, Angus vomited. I couldn't work out who had done it right away, and was quite relieved that it was Angus, as that meant that I could still get the girls imm's done {sad, but true}... I'm not going to go into the gory details of shots and gastro, but as it turned out whatever he had was pretty mild, so we just ended up home for a couple of days while he lolled about on the couch feeling 'not quite right'.

Now it's not often that I get a couple of home days in a row, so while reading through a christmas magazine an advent caught my eye... and so it began...

advent :: 2 & tree (get it?)

2 & tree {get it?}

advent :: 4&5

advent :: 13 & 14

advent :: 18&19

advent :: 21

advent :: 24th christmas angel

I stitched, and beaded, and cut, and visualised, and rummaged, and traced, and finally... after many, many hours of creating I had my very own advent calender... to be hung proudly for every Christmas, on December 1!

advent

... and one of the most impressive things?... I made it entirely {well except for rudolph's nose} out of things from my stash.