Monday, 11 April 2011

in short :: day 1

hangin' out

First official day of school holidays, and I can tell you right now, we're not going to be doing much fancy around here...

I awoke this morning and actually had some energy! Woo Hoo! It's been a long time... my cold {and sinus infection} is on the mend, and my iron supplements may well be starting to kick in. So I cleaned, my house is clean, the laundy is done {for five minutes anyway}, and my hair done.

The kids have been parked in front of the TV since they got up at 6{ish} this morning, and are alternating between lolling about, and driving each other crazy with the sillies. I finally managed to shoo them outside around one, when Mia went down for her sleep. Then Nanna-Jan came over, and give me the luxury of doing the weekly food shop without kids in tow.

We have a few play-dates sorted for the rest of the holidays, but mostly I think that we are just going to hang out at home, let everyone find their rhythm again, and try and recuperate from the exhaustion of first term, all the while trying not to do each others heads in.

If you were hoping for some pretty or inspiring school holiday adventures, then I am sorry my friends, I think that you will have to look elsewhere...