Wednesday, 31 August 2011

pause for thought

his version of us

I've mentioned before just what prolific artist my children are, as I am sure many of your's are too... and while many {many} of their drawings go through to the keeper {read recycle bin} or are played to shreds with {such as them cutting out all of the details, or making them into wrapping for a gift, or making paper planes} some really do make me stop in my tracks and pause for thought.

I know that sometimes I over-think things, but this little family drawing, that he has stuck on the wall beside his bed, makes me so very happy. The first thing that I always look at is "are we smiling?" {ok, am I smiling} and I was so pleased to see that everybody in his family is happy; next I thought it was awesome that he remembered to include all of us, and in size order too, and of course, that he actually stuck it beside his bed. So nice.

obsessed with snow

I found this one the next day, left, forgotten on the hallway table... it made me smile, because he is currently obsessed with the idea of going to the snow. He's having a hard time getting his head around why it doesn't snow at our house, ever. Even in winter... and I guess he's heard about the other kids at school who took holidays with their families to the snow over winter, and he wants to see it too. Maybe next year. The other thing that struck me, the 6=ANGUS; it took me a moment to see it hidden in there amongst the snow, but it is such a snapshot into what they are learning in school right now, mathematic equations and obviously that something equals something. 6 = Angus, so perfect!

YSIAD | actual | not a reflection

He's not been on his own in the 'show-stopping' art either. This gem came home from kinder last week, it gave me such a happy feeling instantly, because as you know, we love rainbows... but I actually found myself turning the sheet over to see if she had accidentally written her name on the back and then traced it onto the front, but no. That super impressive, mirror writing is all hers. I've heard that it can happen around this age, but seeings she has been writing her name pretty spot-on for 7 months now, I was a little surprised to see this?!?...

actual | not a reflection

... and then I found this on her bedhead this morning. She had taken the letters of her name off her bedroom door and relocated them to her bedhead. No, this is not a reflection, this is actually what it looks like... all turned around. I'll be watching with interest to see when all her name writing becomes a little less topsy-turvy.

clips

Of course, I wouldn't dream of leaving the littlest one out!... but do you really want to see the scribbles all over my shiny white entertainment unit, the one where she thinks it's her own, personal, whiteboard?... didn't think so. Instead, you can look at this uber-cute photo, showing her new, favourite game of 'put all of the clips that I can find in my hair at once, so that I can pull them out, and then get you to put them all back in again' again. again.

Happy days!