Thursday, 8 September 2011

anxiety






When I am most anxious is when I need to move my hands the most. Small movements seem to be best. When my brother had us most concerned last year, my comfort came in the form of many little stitches, resulting in a hat for Daisy. Afterwards, I couldn't knit for months.

My Dad's had us most concerned this week. A trip to emergency on father's day, followed by an unfolding of worrying events. Hopefully yesterday was the bottom, and it will all be upwards from here. This time I folded lots of little bits of paper, and then slotted them all together. Very good for hands that needed to be busy, and a mind that needed an alternate focus.

I'm not sure that I'll ever get the urge to fold again. Tricky business it is. I'm thinking that eighty-five dollars is a bargain though.