Saturday, 24 December 2011

December 24

the christmas card picture

I can just about smell the snow drifting in from the North Pole, the presents are wrapped, the tree is waiting, the excitement from the smalls is palpable... I think that this is exactly what Christmas should feel like.

I've been super organised this year {of course this has been made much easier because we're not hosting the Christmas festivities}, but for the first time ever, my presents have been wrapped for days and will be ready for the fat man to deliver once the children are tucked up in bed.

... and as promised, the photo above was the outcome of my kid photo session early this month, I didn't put the writing on the front of my actual cards, and I had them printed at a professional photographers printing joint, and they came out so beautiful. They've all been sent, and hopefully received, and now I have a beautiful keepsake for another year. However, the photo below was also one of my favourites...

my favourite picture

... it just shouted at me "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU TELL THE KIDS TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA AND SMILE!!!"

I also wanted to say thank-you to those of you who still drop by my space here, after a year particularly spasmodic blogging on my part {consistency has never been my strong suit}, and
a really big thank-you for those of you who take the time to leave me a thoughtful and lovely comment. I wish you and yours a wonderful, relaxing and happy Christmas and hope that you get all that your hearts desire.

So have a very Merry Christmas, and I'll be looking forward to showing you the wrap up of the day! x