Sunday, 29 January 2012

home style

It is no secret that I intensely dislike Summer. I don't like the hot weather, it saps my energy, sends me scurrying inside to the shade {and later in the day, the stifling heat} You just can not escape hot weather.

However, this year I have discovered that if you add some cold water, then it can be a little more bearable... in fact, after taking an hour long dip in a friends beautiful pool last week, I think I could be persuaded to like summer. Maybe not this year, but definitely as the kids get older and more able. Maybe then. Maybe.

Thankfully, I have people in my life who don't share my defeatist attitude [in relation to hot weather] and do cool things, like rig up a home-style slip-and-slide. Awesome fun was had by all participants...

home style slip-n-slide

I hope that you are all finding ways to make this blasting heat a little more bearable...