Tuesday, 22 May 2012

now {4wd edition}

now {4wd edition}

Blah!

That is {unfortunately} how I feel about landscape photography. Don't get me wrong, I love a good landscape photograph just as much as the next person, and I have the utmost respect for those talented individuals that can take a stunning landscape, one that communicates the beauty of a place, one that speaks to the viewer.

I just wish that I could see it when I have the landscape in front of me, camera in hand ready to click.

I have driven for hours in search of a stunning landscape. Three days total. I'm done. There will not be a stunning {traditional} landscape in my folio this semester... it will be an apt indication that I do not yet have the skill / eye to be able to take one. Because, well, I don't.

 However, what I have enjoyed is hour upon hour of driving, that has taken me to the most beautiful landscapes around the range. Gorgeous farms, rolling hills, dirt tracks, quiet little spots. That part I've enjoyed immensely. I've stumbled across vistas that have made my breath catch {I just can't catch them in a photo darn it}. I've taken my 4wd off road for the first time {well just a little, but it was dirt} and I've enjoyed the process.

and for now, I'm going to have to be satisfied with that, because I have other shots to make and other things to do.

that's all for now. x