Saturday, 2 June 2012

mia's birthday

birthday morning

reveal

present time

ooohhhh

what is it?

A few times each year we get to experience the 'in-bed' birthday excitement ~ and isn't it a wonderful way to start the day. Over the years we've done a few things, but it's the same stuff that I enjoyed as a kid that's become a way of life around here. Starting with presents in bed, of course!

We had to stall Mia a little bit though, as she was in our bed so early asking "is it my birfday?"... to which we replied, "oh Mia, it's still night time, go back to sleep". but eventually, the four that were in our bed were wide awake, and in clear {loud} voices, were giving sleepy Angus the hurry up so that the birthday girl could open her presents.

This year it was Peppa, Peppa, Peppa!

I often joke that everything that Mia has learned in her 3 short years has been from watching Peppa pig episodes, you'll often hear her telling you what needs to be done in a new situation, like visiting the beach or heading out into the rain ~ "let's jump in Muddy Puddles!"

So she was quite delighted with her gifts. {a peppa pig, talking plush, some dvds, and a peppa pig playhouse}

cake time

inside

... and keeping with the Peppa theme, ta da - the cake.

This one was a bit of a stretch for me this year, as I usually copy a cake that I've seen, but I couldn't find one that I liked and was achievable {fondant and I have never been friends} so I brought some peppa figurines, a piping bag and attachment nozzle, borrowed a teeny-tiny-tea-set, and went about creating a happy little tea party... and I found that I liked this cake so much that I really didn't want to cut it up. Good sign really.

unwrapping

peeking

showing her

and after much playing, food and cake, the birthday girl followed up with a generous supply of thoughtful and fun gifts. A {proper} ballet costume, a baby alive {to which she is receiving a lesson on what it does - tee hee}, a cash register, lots of gorgeous clothes, and couple of dvd's.

Just between you and me, I'm thinking that she had an excellent birthday, and that we'll be set for entertainment for some time yet.

Thanks to everyone that joined us for the festivities... x