Thursday, 9 August 2012

a little bit

peek-a-boo

her ice cream

hush

it's that sort of weather

lounging

I'm sitting here listening to the steady sound of rain sheeting across our tin roof, heavy, heavier, lighter, heavy... it's nice to listen to, but really it's been quite a bleak week. Both in terms of weather and in terms of mood.

I have a task for school to make images in b&w and just look at the light, and the mood that it creates. All to be taken at home. It's been hard to find the light for me this week. Glimpses here and there. Maybe next week will be better.

These are some of the images that I've captured {all on my new 50mm lens} and it's reminded me how much I miss having pictures of the everyday. I've forgotten or just lost interest in taking them.

I was reading some of my old posts a week or so back, and I now realise how important it is for me to capture this every day stuff. My goodness it was nice looking back on what I thought were boring days back then, and remembering, and wondering how is it that they were such babies a short while ago. I think that I will be back in the space a little more. Trying to find my voice again.

I think that the everyday looks just a little more special in the monochrome, so maybe i'll just go with that for a while. Simple. Effective. x