Monday, 10 September 2012

our morning walk

my view

I've heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit, so I think that it's safe to say that this has become our regular thing. We drop the two older kids at school and then three days of the week we make our way down to the local river for our walk.

LCM bar

Some of my friends have wondered how she will still sit in the pram for me, being a worldly three-and-a-quarter, and deep in the "I'm a big girl now, I'll do it myself" phase... well now that I'm well into kid number three, I'm no stranger to bribery.

So first she gets her smarty bar {otherwise known as an LCM bar}

tiny teddies

Then she moves on to her little packet of tiny-teddies...

discovered

While I walk my ass off and sometimes discover new sights, or just enjoy the flow of the river and the coming of a new season - hello all you beautiful blossoms, that just as quickly subside into new leaves.

Some days she finishes up with a le-snack pack, but not today.

rock selection

and while I'm packing the pram back into the car, she either collects a special rock or goes and sits on the big boulder and waits.

and then we get on with the rest of our day.