Thursday, 27 September 2012

the super cool

reading material

she's sick, again

prettiness

Last week I wanted to buy a copy of Kinfolk, I'd yet to peruse it's pages and as these things happen, I had the urge. When I looked on their website I noticed that 'The Super Cool' were one of the australian stockists. I then jumped across to "The Super Cool" website and lo-and-behold, they had a pop-up shop at Doncaster {not more that 15 minutes drive away} for the next few weeks.

Thursday Mia and I made our way to Doncaster, but it wasn't until I was driving home that I remembered about the magazine. I was too distracted buying macarons on my way out.

On Friday I received a text informing me that my afternoon class had been cancelled, and of course my first thought was "brilliant! I can go shopping..." so after a quick side trip into the city, I headed straight out to shopping town and made a bee-line for The Super Cool.

Oh dear.

If you have any budgetary constraints, do. not. do. it.

It was wonderful, I could have bought so much more than I did, but I did show some restraint, I didn't buy the hot air balloon for the girls room, for example. {unf. not shown on their website} or the chevron cushion, or the 600ml erlenmeyer style flask... I could go on...

what I did buy, was the last two issues of Kinfolk, a 1000ml erlenmeyer style flask, a HUGE amber apothecary vintage japanese jar {be-still my beating heart}, some sweet little gifts, a triangles tea towel {not pictured} ... and then I sat them upon my {now beautiful} newly white dresser in the dining room.

I love it, it looks so pretty... and since we've been at home for the past two days as Mia has some nasty virus, it's been such a happy little space to look upon while I'm going about my day.