Monday, 4 March 2013

point + shoot | beach time

Untitled

Untitled

the brightest lines

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

bathing boxes

Our weekend included an hour or so on the beach near nanna-jan's house... It's hard to believe that we used to live that close to the beach, and we just never went there. Now that the kids are older I'm sure that it would be different, however there's something special about just going for a visit, and strolling down to the shore for a play and a paddle.

We headed over to nanna's to return the king-single bed that we've had on semi-permanent loan for the last 5 years. I recently bought a couple of single mattresses off gumtree and we're eagerly awaiting a phone call from the bed shop to let us know that Angus' {much anticipated} bunks are in stock. It's just one of the largish investments that we've made since coming back from our summer holidays, and while the few things that we've bought are exciting-much, we've stretched the finances just a little too thin, which of course creates other stresses...

I do think that I've been reminding the kids a little too much though that the coin's a bit tight, because tonight Angus surprised me by coming to see me once the kids were in bed. He'd counted out six dollars in fifty cent pieces, from his savings, and gave it to me so that I could return the notice to school tomorrow for him and daisy to get the ducks for the race at the upcoming warrandyte festival. I've promised that I'll pay him back once I get the money out of our account {we're not that tight} but it really gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling that he was so willing to help out not only for himself but for his sister too.