Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Day 12 | Wednesday

supplies


Just like last week, I've been unable to do anything out at the house, the sanders just create too much sawdust to even think about washing the walls yet, which also rules out any painting. My hands are itching to start painting everything white, but alas, not yet.

In a bid to make myself feel like I was doing something, Mia and I took a trip to our local Bunnings today to buy the products for the floor...

Cam and I have finally committed to doing the whitewash floor, as we both love the look of the raw pine boards, but I just know that they will yellow and darken once the varnish goes on, thus losing that look that we love.

When I originally wanted to do the floor boards I was totally convinced that we would stain them a dark brown...

    [image from here]

... but by all reports, they show all of the dust and dirt, and I don't want to spend my entire life trying to keep my boards looking shiny and clean.

As the weeks have gone on, our vision for the boards has got lighter and lighter, until we've finally landed on one coat of white wash, followed by two to three coats of satin varnish.

So, as I was saying, Mia and I went to find out which products to use to get the desired result, and ended up with...


... and while this lot of goodies just cost me a small fortune, I will admit that I am very, very excited about the prospect of this floor coming into fruition.

I just need to wait until Friday to get sanding again... I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop, riveting isn't it!